GOVERNOR MURPHY AND COMMISSIONER ZIMMERMAN ANNOUNCE HISTORIC 2025 GET COVERED NEW JERSEY SIGN-UPS
Governor Phil Murphy and New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance Commissioner Justin Zimmerman announced that Get Covered New Jersey – the State’s Official Health Insurance Marketplace – hit an all-time record enrollment with over half a million New Jerseyans signing up for 2025 health coverage. Enrollment in the marketplace has more than doubled since the Murphy Administration took over operations from the federal government and launched Get Covered New Jersey in 2020.
A total of 513,217 New Jersey residents signed up for health insurance under Get Covered New Jersey during the Open Enrollment Period from November 1, 2024, to January 31, 2025. This includes 197,876 new or existing consumers who actively selected a plan and 315,341 who were automatically renewed. This year’s record-breaking sign-ups represent nearly a 30% increase compared to last year’s Open Enrollment Period, when 397,942 residents signed up for 2024 health coverage. Enrollment has increased by 108% since the state launched Get Covered New Jersey.
“From the outset of my Administration, we have led with the principle that health care is a right, not a privilege, and the steps we have taken underscore that commitment. Recognizing that affordability is central to access, New Jersey established Get Covered New Jersey with State subsidies on top of the federal financial help offered to lower monthly premiums. Hundreds of thousands more New Jerseyans now have health insurance, and they are paying less for it,” Governor Murphy said.
“This year’s historic enrollment numbers demonstrate that our efforts are having a direct, positive impact on our residents, ensuring they can access critical health care services. We remain committed to increasing access and affordability by connecting New Jerseyans to quality insurance options that keep New Jersey families healthy and thriving.”
Nine in 10 people enrolling in a health plan through Get Covered New Jersey qualify for financial help and, of those receiving financial help in New Jersey during the 2025 Open Enrollment Period, 224,416 enrollees (48% of those receiving financial help) pay $10 or less per month for coverage. Of that population, 201,289 people (or 43% of those receiving financial help) are benefiting from premiums of $1 or less per month for 2025 coverage as of January 31, 2025.
“The launch of Get Covered New Jersey in 2020 was an important moment for the State – and done at a time when our residents needed health coverage the most. Under the Murphy Administration, New Jersey created a marketplace tailored to the needs of our residents to increase access to health insurance.
Get Covered New Jersey has continued to break enrollment records each year—demonstrating the value of the program and the need for quality, affordable health insurance. In addition to State financial assistance, expanding federal premium tax credits has opened the door to quality coverage for more people at a lower cost.
“Many residents pay $10 or less for their monthly premium,” said Commissioner Justin Zimmerman. “While Open Enrollment is over, residents may still qualify to enroll in a health plan if they have recently experienced a major life event or have a certain income level. Those who qualify still have access to more savings than ever before.”
Comments (1)
Comments are closed.
I think are government is just been falling apart every since Donald Trump got in office all his intentions is been to hurt the American people and take everything away that people depend on to try and serve with, if he keeps this up it’s going to be bad for people out here and each day much worse.