Black-founded and women-led beauty brand Mielle annouces a new collaboration with the Amazon Original series Harlem on Prime Video. To celebrate the premiere of Season two on February 3, 2023, Mielle Mavens can now purchase curated haircare bundles inspired by Harlem’s main characters.
Available on mielleorganics.com/pages/harlem until February 28, 2023, customers can purchase curated bundles of Mielle products inspired by the iconic hairstyles worn by Harlem characters Camille, Tye, Quinn and Angie. These character-themed sets will also be up to 40% off regular prices, allowing Mielle shoppers to create a multitude of new styles at an incredible price. Mielle Mavens can also take a Harlem inspired hair quiz via mielleorganics.com/pages/harlem to find the best bundle to meet their hair goals.
Harlem is a romantic comedy series about four smart, funny, and successful women living in Harlem today. A story of Black sisterhood at its core, Harlem celebrates the love and friendship between its four leading women (Camille, Tye, Quinn and Angie), as they navigate the realities of their early 30s, manage their careers, discover new romances, and navigate the city in all its joy and adversity. Authentic and stylish, Harlem lets audiences intimately follow the loves and lives of Black women.
If you’re anything like quirky university professor Camille, played by Meagan Good, then you love to keep your precious tresses in a healthy protective style like braids / locs. Just remember, your hair still needs love too, even if it is tucked away. That’s why we’ve bundled products from our Rosemary Mint and Rice Water Collections — which include biotin, yuzu and rice water — so you can moisturize, strengthen and nourish your strands, all while preventing split ends and breakage.
- Spray a light mist of the Rice Water & Aloe Vera Braid & Scalp Moisturizer onto braids/locs and scalp as needed. Gently massage into scalp and smooth into braids/locs in a downward motion to avoid frizz. Use daily for best results.
- To style, apply ample amount of Rice Water & Aloe Vera Braid Set Foam and gently smooth over braids/locs. Dry hair with diffuser or hooded dryer for 3-5 minutes.
- Apply Rice Water Shine Mist to damp or dry hair, style as desired.
- Apply Rice Water & Aloe Scalp Relief directly to scalp on affected areas.
- Apply a small amount of the Rosemary Mint Scalp & Hair Strengthening Oil to scalp.
- Apply the Rosemary Mint Scalp & Hair Strengthening Oil to edges and smooth with fingertips or brush for desired hold.
Successful entrepreneur Tye, played by Jerrie Johnson, is always pushing boundaries and breaking barriers, just like our Mango & Tulsi Botanical Blend Collection— which is the first of its kind for textured hair. Whether you’re rocking a short cut or a killer color, this bundle provides the vital nourishment for healthy hair and scalp.
- Apply Mango & Tulsi Nourishing Shampoo to wet hair using a small amount to massage in hair and scalp. Rinse thoroughly and repeat shampoo if necessary to remove excess dirt and residue. Follow with Mango & Tulsi Nourishing Conditioner.
- Work a small amount of the Mango & Tulsi Nourishing Styling Gel through hair in sections. Avoid rubbing strands to prevent frizz. Style hair as desired. Air dry or use a diffuser or dryer.
- Apply 1-2 drops of the Mango & Tulsi Nourishing Instant 3-In-1 Serum on damp hair and scalp after cleansing and conditioning. Apply to areas of the hair that require repair like the ends of hair or apply all over for even coverage. Do not rinse. Style as desired.
Hopeless romantic Quinn, played by Grace Byers, is looking for a love that lasts in the same way we want a lasting silk press. That’s why we’ve bundled essentials from our Mongongo Collection and two products formulated with mint ingredients to hydrate, repair, and protect your hair with every hairstyle — especially straight strands.
- Apply a dime-sized amount of the Mongongo Oil Exfoliating Shampoo into your hands and massage into the scalp. Work into a rich lather. Rinse and repeat until cleansed. Follow up with our Mongongo Oil Protein-Free Hydrating Conditioner.
- After conditioning, apply the Mongongo Oil Thermal & Heat Protectant Spray to clean, wet hair and gently comb through from roots to ends. Proceed with desired heat styling.
- To add protection and sheen apply a small amount of the Mint Almond Oil into palm of hands and massage directly on to scalp. Hair can be wet or dry. Apply as needed. Not recommended for children under a year old.
- Apply the Rosemary Mint Strengthening Edge Gel to edges and smooth with fingertips or brush for desired hold.