Do you want to help Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS to continue helping those in need? Great, here’s your chance. If you are a Broadway fan who can’t attend the in-person event, Broadway Cares is offering exciting theatrical keepsakes and collectibles exclusively through “FleaBay,” at broadwaycares.org/fleabay… The Shubert Alley, West 44th St & West 45th Street Sunday, September 25, 2022 10 am to 7 pm.
Virtual chats with Tony Award winners and limited edition Al Hirschfeld prints signed by Broadway icons are just a few of the items open for early bids for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS’ Broadway Flea Market & Grand Auction. In addition, nearly a dozen more Broadway shows have now joined the lineup of 52 tables filling the heart of New York City’s Theater District. The Broadway Flea Market & Grand Auction, produced by and benefits Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS, is set for 10 am – 7 pm on Sunday, September 25, 2022.
An abundance of unique theatrical treasures for fans includes Broadway shows Beetlejuice, Come From Away, Dear Evan Hansen, Funny Girl, Hadestown, The Lion King, Moulin Rouge, The Musical, Six, and Some Like it Hot. They join the previously announced Aladdin, Company, Into the Woods, The Music Man, The Phantom of the Opera, A Strange Loop, and Tina: The Tina Turner Musical. More than 38 theatrical organizations will fill the remaining flea market tables on West 44th and West 45th Streets. The complete list of participants and map of tables is available at broadwaycares.org/flea.
Always the capstone to the in-person event, the live auction will begin at 5 pm in the Times Square pedestrian plaza between 45th and 46th Streets. Two-time Tony Award nominee Christopher Sieber and the esteemed Nick Nicholson will serve as host and auctioneer. The live auction lots offer Broadway fans the chance to bid on rare theater memorabilia and one-of-a-kind experiences.
Live auction lots available now for early bidding online include:
● Signed Al Hirschfeld illustration giclées of Betty Buckley from Cats; Cher from Come Back to the Five and Dime, Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean; Mandy Patinkin and Bernadette Peters from Sunday in the Park with George and special Tony Award recipient Bruce Springsteen, plus a framed color giclée of the original Broadway cast of Into the Woods, signed by Hirschfeld himself.
● One-on-one virtual meetings with Tony winners Kristin Chenoweth, Gavin Creel, Nathan Lane, Brian Stokes Mitchell, Bebe Neuwirth, Kelli O’Hara, Bernadette Peters, David Hyde Pierce, Chita Rivera and Lillias White, Tony nominee Sara Bareilles and more
● Lunch with two-time Tony winner Donna Murphy, an Emmy Award winner and veteran of nine Broadway shows who’s currently starring in the HBO Max series The Gilded Age
● Zoom meetings with Tony winner Jesse Tyler Ferguson and two VIP house seats to see him in the return of the Tony-winning revival Take Me Out and with Tony winner Victoria Clark plus two VIP house seats to see her in this season’s highly anticipated musical Kimberly Akimbo
● Opening night performance tickets to and signed Playbills from 1776, Almost Famous, KPOP, Leopoldstadt, The Piano Lesson, Ohio State Murders, Some Like it Hot, Topdog/Underdog, and more
Instead of the Autograph Table and Photo Booth, Broadway Cares will be offering the opportunity to sign up for a limited number of one-on-one video chats with Broadway stars (to take place later). The 36th annual Broadway Flea Market & Grand Auction is sponsored by Mark Fisher Fitness, The New York Times, and United Airlines. Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS is one of the nation’s leading industry-based, nonprofit AIDS fundraising and grant-making organizations. Broadway Cares/EquityFights AIDS has raised more than $300 for essential services for people with HIV/AIDS, COVID-19, and other critical illnesses across the United States.
For more information, please visit Broadway Cares online at broadwaycares.org, at facebook.com/BCEFA, at instagram.com/BCEFA, twitter.com/BCEFA, and at youtube.com/BCEFA.